Noun(1) the state of being honored(2) a tangible symbol signifying approval or distinction(3) the quality of being honorable and having a good name(4) a woman's virtue or chastity
Verb(1) bestow honor or rewards upon(2) show respect towards(3) accept as pay
(1) Banks were refusing to honour Pelican House cheques and nearly Ôö¼├║1 million was needed to avert a total financial breakdown.(2) Pakistan, too, was not short of players in the past who commanded respect and honour .(3) If she died before the settlement was rubber-stamped, the State would have had no legal obligation to honour the agreement.(4) It's an honour to be associated with the Transatlantic Challenge featuring 24 of the best players in the world.(5) Under the US proposals, the future interim government would be obligated to honour agreements between the existing Governing Council and the US.(6) Day said: ├ö├ç├┐It's an honour to play here and if you can score a try it's even better.├ö├ç├û(7) This bill gives due honour and respect to Deaf people, and their unique language and culture.(8) his portrait hangs in the place of honour(9) It was an honour to watch a legend bring alive the genre of the blues.(10) And I thought it would be an honour to represent the school.(11) BBC World Service has been awarded a special honour at the Sony Radio Awards.(12) Now it is up to the boys' teams to uphold the school's honour .(13) Joyce has now learned to honour her father's memory(14) It is an honour to be able to portray such legends on the screen.(15) And do you promise to love, respect, honour , and cherish this man for as long as you both shall live?(16) I'd consider it an honour
(1) maid of honor :: incekukazi udumo
(2) in honor of :: behlonipha
(3) in honor :: behlonipha
(4) honor roll :: udumo roll
(5) code of honor :: Ikhodi udumo
(6) guest of honor :: esikhethekile
(7) man of honor :: indoda udumo
(8) honor student :: udumo umfundi
(9) word of honor :: izwi udumo
(10) honor killing :: udumo ukubulala
1. integrity ::
2. distinction ::
3. reputation ::
4. acclaim ::
5. privilege ::
6. accolade ::
7. chastity ::
9. purity ::
10. esteem ::
11. applaud ::
12. fulfill ::
13. reward ::
14. observe ::
honour, honoured, honouree, honourees, honourer, honourers, honouring, honours
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
Allow me this HONOUR, Mother of Dragons.
Game of Thrones Season 4, Episode 3
Your Grace, it is my HONOUR
to present you with this wedding cup.
Game of Thrones Season 4, Episode 2
"No shame." "Fought with HONOUR."
Game of Thrones Season 4, Episode 8
Then it is my HONOUR to receive you.
Game of Thrones Season 4, Episode 6
My bloody HONOUR is beyond repair,
but my answer is still no.
Game of Thrones Season 4, Episode 1
English to Zulu Dictionary: honour
Meaning and definitions of honour, translation in Zulu language for honour with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of honour in Zulu and in English language.
Tags for the entry "honour"
What honour means in Zulu, honour meaning in Zulu, honour definition, examples and pronunciation of honour in Zulu language.