Noun(1) (military(2) protection from harm(3) (sports(4) the justification for some act or belief(5) (psychiatry(6) the federal department responsible for safeguarding national security of the United States; created in 1947(7) the defendant and his legal advisors collectively(8) the speech act of answering an attack on your assertions(9) an organization of defenders that provides resistance against attack(10) a structure used to defend against attack(11) a defendant's answer or plea denying the truth of the charges against him(12) the act of defending someone or something against attack or injury
(1) Indymedia has established a solidarity statement in defense of its freedom to publish.(2) Those who formulate defense policy and military strategy must learn to see beyond the immediate and the obvious.(3) Most American defense planners naturally consider military predominance to be a major strength.(4) For 90 minutes, we hear a string of witnesses for the prosecution and defense , circumstantial evidence versus a plea of psychosis.(5) But as the disease spread out of control, authorities switched to vaccinations as the main form of defense , he added.(6) He is the most consistent player on defense , and the team can't afford to lose him.(7) The White Sox usually rank near the bottom of the league in team defense but have reversed that trend.(8) A lot of players won't play defense [if they're not scoring].(9) The appropriate metaphor is no longer that of traditional military defense or even police protection.(10) Others suggested that he was at fault for trying to present an alibi defense .(11) Your main defense against them is billions of acidophilus bacteria, your ├ö├ç├┐good├ö├ç├û intestinal flora.(12) The point is not to favor one ├ö├ç├┐side├ö├ç├û or the other, prosecution or defense , but to get to the truth.(13) defense policy(14) they relied on missiles for the country's defense(15) his first title defense against Jones(16) But military defense that protected only one state, or a small group of states, still is a public good.
(1) self-defense :: ukuzivikela
(2) defense attorney :: ummeli
(3) defense mechanism :: indlela ukuzivikela
(4) civil defense :: ukuzivikela civil
(5) defense lawyer :: ummeli
(6) national defense :: ukuzivikela kazwelonke
(7) air defense :: air ukuzivikela
(8) defense in depth :: okuziphendulela ukujula
(9) secretary of defense :: UNobhala wezokuVikela
(10) defense budget :: isabelomali ukuzivikela
1. protection ::
2. barricade ::
3. vindication ::
5. refutation ::
6. department of defense ::
7. denial ::
8. defence mechanism ::
9. defensive measure ::
defense, defensed, defenseless, defenses, defensing
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
Uh, well, in my DEFENSE, I tell everybody.
The Big Bang Theory Season 8, Episode 4
Breaking Bad Season 4, Episode 2
-Madrid needs to come immediately.
-I'll talk with Defense. They'll go.
Money Heist Season 3, Episode 8
Good news, I made it onto the team
for the new Defense Department...
The Big Bang Theory Season 4, Episode 7
lt's for DEFENSE.
Breaking Bad Season 4, Episode 2
English to Zulu Dictionary: defense
Meaning and definitions of defense, translation in Zulu language for defense with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken
pronunciation of defense in Zulu and in English
Tags for the entry "defense"
What defense means in Zulu, defense meaning
in Zulu, defense definition, examples and pronunciation
of defense in Zulu language.