Adjective(1) being or occurring at an advanced period of time or after a usual or expected time(2) after the expected or usual time; delayed(3) of the immediate past or just previous to the present time(4) having died recently(5) of a later stage in the development of a language or literature; used especially of dead languages(6) at or toward an end or late period or stage of development(7) (used especially of persons(8) coming at a subsequent time or stage
Adverb(1) later than usual or than expected(2) to an advanced time(3) at an advanced age or stage(4) in the recent past(5) happening at a time subsequent to a reference time(6) at some eventual time in the future(7) comparative of the adverb `late'
(1) his health was poor during the later part of his life(2) the essay must be submitted no later than the end of the month(3) he came back later on(4) it helps children's later self-confidence(5) later!(6) it's from a later text(7) a letter will be sent to you at a later date(8) the story is in later editions of the newspapers(9) I'll clean the room later on(10) the later version of the programme is better(11) his later books were excellent(12) she returned home in later years(13) it'll be discussed in later lectures(14) it'll be published later this year(15) she left ten years later(16) she later achieved fame
(1) late :: ngasekupheleni
(2) see you later :: ngizokubona ngemva kwesikhathi
(3) later on :: kamuva
(4) sooner or later :: manje noma ngokuhamba kwesikhathi
(5) call me later :: ngishayele kamuva
(6) a few days later :: ezinsukwini ezimbalwa kamuva
(7) years later :: kweminyaka
(8) some time later :: ngemva kwesikhathi esithile
(9) much later :: ngemva kwesikhathi eside kakhulu
2. afterward ::
3. by and by ::
4. subsequent ::
5. late ::
6. posterior ::
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
See you LATER.
The Big Bang Theory Season 5, Episode 13
and LATER, the LEGO store is
having a midnight madness sale.
The Big Bang Theory Season 5, Episode 23
They just want us to impregnate them,
Money Heist Season 1, Episode 9
Go upstairs and drink some coffee.
I'll come up LATER so we can talk.
Money Heist Season 3, Episode 8
Maybe LATER I'll get to see you
in your birthday suit.
The Big Bang Theory Season 9, Episode 17
English to Zulu Dictionary: later
Meaning and definitions of later, translation in Zulu
language for later with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of later in Zulu and in English language.
Tags for the entry 'later'
What later means in Zulu, later meaning
in Zulu, later
definition, examples and pronunciation
of later in Zulu language.