Noun(1) any period of seven consecutive days(2) hours or days of work in a calendar week(3) a period of seven consecutive days starting on Sunday
(1) We are completely sleep-deprived, running on 3 hours of sleep a night for the past week .(2) it's a week late(3) It generally is the quietest night of the week but I have never seen town so dead.(4) it lasted a week(5) Despite the harsh conditions they never take a day off, working seven days a week in any weather.(6) Every night of the week someone decides to take a chance and drive home when they shouldn't.(7) The union is campaigning for an increase in pay and a cut in the working week to 32 hours.(8) I must apologize to a reader who wrote me concerning last month's column a week or two ago.(9) during the first week(10) It has been a long week of late nights and early mornings, with busy days sandwiched in between.(11) Super Bowl week(12) he'd cut the grass a week ago(13) within a week(14) Most of last week was spent concentrating on trying to get the pitch dry because of all the rain we had.(15) The group has drawn up a short list of candidates to replace Mellor, but will not name his successor next week .(16) the week beginning July 3rd
(1) last week :: evikini eledlule
(2) next week :: evikini elizayo
(3) this week :: kuleli viki
(4) once a week :: kanye ngeviki
(5) every week :: masonto onke
(6) twice a week :: kabili ngesonto
(7) a week :: ngesonto
(8) one week :: iviki elilodwa
(9) during the week :: phakathi nesonto
(10) per week :: ngesonto
1. workweek ::
week, weeklies, weekly, weeks
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
Where do you and Halley
go every WEEK?
The Big Bang Theory Season 11, Episode 11
No, not all the time.
I mean, just last WEEK,
The Big Bang Theory Season 12, Episode 6
WEEK from Friday.
The Big Bang Theory Season 5, Episode 23
l'm bringing the car over first thing
next WEEK for a wash and wax.
Breaking Bad Season 4, Episode 5
LEGOs? Last WEEK in my room.
The Big Bang Theory Season 9, Episode 19
English to Zulu Dictionary: week
Meaning and definitions of week, translation in Zulu language for week with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of week in Zulu and in English language.
Tags for the entry "week"
What week means in Zulu, week meaning in Zulu, week definition, examples and pronunciation of week in Zulu language.