Noun(1) a number or letter indicating quality (especially of a student's performance(2) a written form of a musical composition; parts for different instruments appear on separate staves on large pages(3) a number that expresses the accomplishment of a team or an individual in a game or contest(4) a set of twenty members(5) grounds(6) the facts about an actual situation(7) an amount due (as at a restaurant or bar(8) a slight surface cut (especially a notch that is made to keep a tally(9) a resentment strong enough to justify retaliation(10) the act of scoring in a game or sport(11) a seduction culminating in sexual intercourse
Verb(1) gain points in a game(2) make small marks into the surface of(3) make underscoring marks(4) write a musical score for(5) induce to have sex(6) get a certain number or letter indicating quality or performance(7) assign a grade or rank to, according to one's evaluation
(1) He was a male groupie who managed to score all the female groupies.(2) a score of men lost their lives in the battle(3) Wilson outstripped his marker to score(4) Tim Bauer helped to seal the win, with a 50-yard kick return that set up the final score of the game, a three point penalty kick, also by Mr. Bauer.(5) To prevent color from wicking through to an adjacent area, lightly score the boundary line with a razor blade.(6) Most people, on the other hand, seem to acknowledge that it is difficult to score a film, so people respect film composers more.(7) This, along with his decision not to score the film, gives it a palpable, documentary feel.(8) After all, he understands that his movies might never score at the box office.(9) Such versatility is what enabled our man to score more than 500 movies over four decades.(10) Tap the nail set on the mark just enough to score the glazing on the tile, but not too hard.(11) In private, however, he asked his friend, the conductor Mstislav Rostropovich, to record the 1932 score if he ever managed to leave the Soviet Union.(12) Here's a wild stab at populational psychoanalysis: all electronic artists secretly harbor the desire to score films.(13) Where did you mix, edit, and score the film and how long did it take you?(14) Waterloo won by a score of 78-67, notching their fifth win of the season.(15) First of all, there was the Prime Minister's impending knee operation in Mumbai that scored newsprint by the score .(16) In his lifetime, Berlin supplied the score for 19 films, six of them starring Fred Astaire.
(1) high score :: amaphuzu aphezulu
(2) score a goal :: amaphuzu umgomo
(3) final score :: amaphuzu lokugcina
(4) music score :: umculo isikolo
(5) keep score :: sibenemagcubu
(6) score goal :: amaphuzu umgomo
(7) standard score :: amaphuzu ejwayelekile
(8) a score :: amaphuzu
(9) credit score :: credit amaphuzu
(10) score points :: amaphuzu amaphuzu
1. result ::
2. rating ::
3. grievance ::
4. the situation ::
5. a great many ::
6. account ::
7. mark ::
8. scotch ::
9. grudge ::
10. net ::
11. be successful ::
12. orchestrate ::
13. scratch ::
14. get lucky ::
15. nock ::
16. mark ::
17. make ::
18. hit ::
score, scored, scoreless, scores, scoring
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
trying to make a big SCORE.
Breaking Bad Season 2, Episode 1
Check it out. Score, yo.
Breaking Bad Season 4, Episode 3
I took a break to try to beat
my high SCORE on Mario Kart.
The Big Bang Theory Season 11, Episode 11
Score one for liquor and poor judgment.
The Big Bang Theory Season 1, Episode 3
You are going to SCORE,
Breaking Bad Season 2, Episode 5
English to Zulu Dictionary: score
Meaning and definitions of score, translation in Zulu language for score with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of score in Zulu and in English language.
Tags for the entry "score"
What score means in Zulu, score meaning in Zulu, score definition, examples and pronunciation of score in Zulu language.