Noun(1) the act of having and controlling property(2) anything owned or possessed(3) being controlled by passion or the supernatural(4) a mania restricted to one thing or idea(5) a territory that is controlled by a ruling state(6) the trait of resolutely controlling your own behavior(7) (sport, or puck
(1) that photograph was Bert's most precious possession(2) The photos came into his possession by accident and he thinks they may never have been published.(3) I'd go the other way, I'd start by trying to make your mind as open as possible and experience some spooky telepathy and spirit possession or whatever.(4) She was an intelligent girl and a voracious reader; most of the dusty old tomes that came into her possession didn't even stand a chance.(5) they're charged with possession(6) Also, goals could only be scored if a player in possession of the ball held it stationary in the opposing goal.(7) both teams attempting to gain possession of the ball(8) He's not the fastest player on the books and occasionally he can be a bit casual and sometimes gets caught in possession .(9) Users are committing a criminal offence by the possession of illegal drugs and interaction with criminal elements.(10) There is a proliferation of religious discourses centering on spirits, spirit possession , and witchcraft.(11) Just as maps can confer the possession of a territory, they can likewise become a means to imagine new articulations of space.(12) they prayed for protection against demonic possession(13) Abuse and possession of illegal drugs is not uncommon among the homeless.(14) In possession of the ball, and particularly in the opening half hour of an unusually entertaining England friendly, the home side looked comfortable.(15) They learned that on June 25 he was charged with possession of drugs.(16) They were subsequently charged with possession and use of illegal drugs and now await court proceedings.
(1) self-possession :: self-ifa
(2) take possession :: nilidle
(3) in possession :: ngelami
(4) vacant possession :: ifa singenamuntu
(5) take possession of :: nilidle
(6) in possession of :: unala
(7) adverse possession :: ifa enqabayo
(8) come into possession of :: ifa
1. ownership ::
2. occupancy ::
4. colony ::
5. monomania ::
6. self-control ::
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
...and make the oh-so-satisfying journey
from discovery to desire to POSSESSION.
The Big Bang Theory Season 3, Episode 5
Game of Thrones Season 1, Episode 6
If so, the authors are most likely
in POSSESSION of my stolen laptop.
The Big Bang Theory Season 3, Episode 13
...where a physical POSSESSION
of personal property, or chattels...
The Big Bang Theory Season 2, Episode 18
And we get POSSESSION
of the keys tomorrow.
Breaking Bad Season 4, Episode 5
English to Zulu Dictionary: possession
Meaning and definitions of possession, translation in Zulu language for possession with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken
pronunciation of possession in Zulu and in English
Tags for the entry "possession"
What possession means in Zulu, possession meaning
in Zulu, possession definition, examples and pronunciation
of possession in Zulu language.