Noun(1) an anticipated outcome that is intended or that guides your planned actions(2) the intended meaning of a communication
Adjective(1) giving or marked by complete attention to
(1) And no matter what people say she is quite intent on fulfilling that dream.(2) Chase stepped back and simply regarded me with an intent stare that made me squirm unconsciously.(3) Now, decades since those heady days, two Irish businessmen are intent on waging their own space race.(4) Second, many advisers are still intent on chasing high returns.(5) They were intent on driving the Portuguese out of this tropical paradise and claiming it for themselves.(6) Burley understands the mood though, and is intent on lifting it.(7) But the contest was far from over as the two international challengers were intent on playing their hands late.(8) He also warned their opposition could backfire because he was now intent on deregulating the restaurant sector.(9) The couple are intent on keeping Lucy in touch with her roots.(10) They will no doubt be intent on making it one to remember.(11) Jacqui turned from his intent gaze and stared out the window of the carriage.(12) She looked Mike directly in the eyes, catching the intent green eyed gaze head on.(13) He was very intent on this task, as if he fancied himself a latter-day St. Francis.(14) His gaze was intent , and my face was hot, but I couldn't think of what to say next.(15) Danny looked up to see Cameron at the door, leaning back against it with an intent look in his eyes.(16) The assumption is that the Bank of England is intent on tightening policy over the coming months, but its decisions will depend on the data.
(1) letter of intent :: Incwadi enenjngo
(2) statement of intent :: sitatimende
(3) intent on :: behlose
(4) malicious intent :: abanezinhloso ezimbi
(5) intent to :: ngenhloso
(6) eagerly intent :: ngenhloso ngokulangazela
1. bent on ::
2. attentive ::
4. aim ::
5. purpose ::
6. purport ::
intent, intently, intentness, intents
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
Amy is studying the time lag
between INTENT and awareness,
The Big Bang Theory Season 10, Episode 19
INTENT on keepin' us
from marchin' for Glory
in the mornin'.
Westworld Season 2, Episode 3
if you're INTENT
on fooling a vigilant eye.
Breaking Bad Season 4, Episode 2
English to Zulu Dictionary: intent
Meaning and definitions of intent, translation in Zulu language for intent with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of intent in Zulu and in English language.
Tags for the entry "intent"
What intent means in Zulu, intent meaning in Zulu, intent definition, examples and pronunciation of intent in Zulu language.